More on AIG
Originally published on Thursday, Nov. 15 at 1:09 p.m. EST.
On "Fast Money Halftime Report," Stephanie Link talked about the prospects for AIG (AIG), and she opined that one should wait until the Treasury announces the sale of the balance of its stock.
I, too, have suggested this, but I wonder whether the government could decide not to sell the shares until a later date as the share price has become unattractive to exit and/or the market conditions have changed?I noted earlier that a number of very smart hedge funds have been accumulating the shares of late. I wonder if they, too, have thought that the AIG secondary will not take place this year. I suspect the shares would have a nice upside move if the Treasury said it was going to wait on the secondary for at least six months. At the time of publication, Kass was long AIG.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV