Nothing But Good: Chobani Founder Hamdi Ulukaya Named Ernst & Young National Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2012 Overall Award Winner
NORWICH, N.Y., Nov. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Hamdi Ulukaya, Founder of Chobani, has been named the Ernst & Young National Entrepreneur Of The Year ® 2012 Overall Award winner. The Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award is the country's most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The award encourages entrepreneurial activity and recognizes leaders and visionaries who demonstrate innovation, financial success and personal commitment as they create and build world-class businesses.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/59137-ernst-young-national-entrepreneur-of-the-year-hamdi-ulukaya-greek-yogurt
Ulukaya was recognized for bringing together his passion and entrepreneurial vision to turn a start-up yogurt company into a catalyst for America's Greek yogurt boom that has since changed the way U.S. consumers think about and eat yogurt, ultimately initiating a health revolution. He was honored at the Entrepreneur Of The Year gala, the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum ® in Palm Springs, Calif. The Forum is the nation's premier gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. Awards were given in ten additional categories. All Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year Award winners were selected by an independent panel of judges from 244 regional award recipients."Entrepreneurs continue to be a driving force in leading the economic recovery. Their ability to see around corners and find new, better ways of doing things makes them an engine of growth," said Bryan Pearce, Americas Director, Entrepreneur Of The Year, Ernst & Young LLP. "Ulukaya's ability to not only see an opportunity in the market, but to reinvigorate and innovate an entire product category is inspiring." Ulukaya was recognized with the Retail and Consumer Products category award, besting other nine category winners to take home top honors. In addition to Ulukaya, the 2012 Entrepreneur Of The Year winners include:
- Media, Entertainment and Communications: Michael T. Fries, President and CEO, Liberty Global: recognized for his foresight and ability to expand into regions of the world not yet explored by other cable providers.
- Real Estate, Construction and Lodging: Gary Jabara, President and CEO, Mobilitie, LLC: recognized for his ability to employ a unique business model to build a trusted company that is now considered the premier provider of wireless coverage solutions.
- Distribution and Manufacturing: Eric Lofquist, Founder, Co-owner and President / CEO, Magnus International Group: recognized for his leadership in transforming vegetable oils and naturally derived emulsions into sustainable global products.
- Emerging: Tonya Mallory, President, CEO and Co-founder, Health Diagnostic Laboratory, Inc.: recognized for her commitment to improving healthcare delivery through preventative disease management services.
- Energy, Cleantech and Natural Resources: Michael G. O'Neill, Founder and CEO, Preferred Sands: recognized for his leadership and innovation in supply of sands and other materials for hydraulic fracturing.
- Financial Services: Richard McVey, CEO and Chairman of the Board, MarketAxess Holdings, Inc.: recognized for pioneering a new way of trading and transforming the way business is conducted in the fixed income market.
- Life Sciences: Joe Kiani, CEO and Chairman of the Board, Masimo Corporation: recognized for revolutionizing today's health care technologies with the invention and commercialization of non-invasive patient monitoring devices.
- Services: Brian Sharples, Co-founder and CEO, HomeAway, Inc.: recognized for combining his entrepreneurial desire and innate ability to spot business opportunities to develop the world's leading online vacation rental marketplace.
- Technology: Mike Morhaime, CEO, President and Co-founder, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc.: recognized for his commitment to a high standard of quality and propelling to the pinnacle of the gaming industry as an internationally recognized leader in interactive entertainment.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.