Ne-Yo, Neon Trees, Nicole Richie, Lucy Hale, Jesse Williams, Heather Morris, Anthony Anderson, James Maslow, Carlos Pena Jr, Victoria Justice, Cast Of See Dad Run And Others Join Host Nick Cannon At TeenNick Halo Awards
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 18, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ne-Yo, Neon Trees, Nicole Richie, Lucy Hale, Jesse Williams, Heather Morris, Anthony Anderson, James Maslow, Carlos Pena Jr, Victoria Justice and the cast of See Dad Run were among the celebs who took to the Hollywood Palladium stage to join host Nick Cannon in honoring five extraordinary teens for the 2012 TeenNick HALO Awards live event. The fourth annual TeenNick HALO Awards was held today and will air as a 90-minute special premiering Monday, Nov. 19, at 8 p.m. (ET/PT), on Nick at Nite, with an encore Tuesday, Nov. 20, at 10 p.m. (ET) on TeenNick. Conceived, hosted and executive-produced by Cannon, the awards show recognizes and celebrates real teens who are "Helping and Leading Others" (HALO).
During the star-studded evening, Neon Trees rocked the stage with their hit single "Everybody Talks" and Ne-Yo had the crowd singing along to "Let Me Love You." In a surprise moment onstage, Richie awarded 18-year-old Raymone George with a HALO Award in recognition of his work as a mentor and coach to a youth dance troupe. Ne-Yo, who is performing at MTV's New Year's Eve special, also invited George to be his VIP guest for the day. George and the four existing teen honorees each received a baton-shaped HALO Award and scholarship fund from superstar presenters including Richie (The Richie-Madden Children's Foundation), Hale (St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Operation Smile), Morris (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), Anderson (F.A.C.E Diabetes) and former school teacher Williams (supports education) along with other surprises.
Previously announced HALO Award honorees – Allyson Ahlstrom, Matt Ferguson, Kylie Lan Tumiatti and Taylor Waters – were surprised by a visit from Cannon, awarded a grant for their cause and given an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to meet and connect with a mega-celebrity who shares a similar passion for their cause. Their celebrity matches are Tyra Banks, Emma Stone, Justin Bieber and Josh Duhamel, respectively, and their taped segments will be featured in the show.Presenting sponsors of the fourth annual TeenNick HALO Awards are Chevrolet, COVERGIRL, Reese's Puffs® cereal and Target. During the live taping, each sponsor surprised their respective teen HALO Award honorees with the following:
- Chevrolet provided funding for gas and lodging for Ahlstrom as she takes her Threads for Teens boutique on the road this summer, traveling to 48 states with the goal of outfitting a total of 1,000 girls.
- In support of Ferguson, COVERGIRL donated product for Matt's Chemo Bags, which provide comfort packages to women undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer.
- Reese's Puffs® cereal provided Waters with resources for disaster relief kits for her Hurricane Sandy outreach.
- Target made over one of Operation Hope Florida's listening rooms and outfitted it with new computers and listening stations to help Tumiatti teach the children of migrant workers how to read.
- Ahlstrom received racks of clothing from various Nickelodeon series from Justice.
- Ferguson was given hand-packed care bags by the cast of See Dad Run that he can pass along to chemo patients.
- The presenters, performers and celebrity talent in attendance at the HALO Awards presented Waters with autographed custom shirts that she can auction off to raise funds for her Red Cross Club.
- Pena Jr. and Maslow recorded a digital reading of a book for Tumiatti's Operation Hope Florida.
- George was gifted brand-new audio and computer equipment for his dance troupe from TeenNick.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts