Statement By The Honourable James Moore, Minister Of Canadian Heritage And Official Languages, On The Occasion Of The 2012 Canadian Folk Music Awards
OTTAWA, Nov. 17, 2012 /CNW/ - Folk music is an important part of our heritage and a source of pride for Canadians. The Canadian Folk Music Awards, which were first presented in 2005, reward excellence in folk music and highlight the special place that this genre occupies in our cultural heritage.
This year, the Canadian Folk Music Awards is celebrating the best in traditional music with 85 Canadian nominees in 17 categories.
Our Government recognizes the importance of the music industry, and we are proud to support our artists who help showcase our culture at home and abroad. Canada is home to more than 30,000 composers and songwriters. Our music industry enriches our lives, creates jobs, and generates economic growth. Because of the talent and creative spirit of Canadians, our country has a leading place on the international stage. We rank third in terms of exports of musical talents, and we are the world's seventh largest sound-recording market.
On behalf of Prime Minister
Stephen Harper and the Government of
Canada, I would like to commend all the nominees and winners of this year's Canadian Folk Music Awards.
SOURCE Canadian Heritage
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV