1. Hopworks Abominable Winter Ale
Style: American strong ale
We'll make this deal with Portland, Ore.-based Hopworks: We'll keep enjoying this big, malty winter IPA in all its 7.3% ABV glory if you will please stop calling it "A-Bomb."
This beer is packed with Cascade, Centennial and Simcoe hops and six organic malts. It has a lovely floral aroma, some citrus and spice in its hop bitterness and just enough malt sweetness to remind drinkers it's a seasonal beer. But there's no need to give it a bro-tastic nickname just because it comes in a can. Unless you plan on crushing that can on your forehead in front of a table full of holiday company, just enjoy some holiday hops and fight your way through the word "abominable." It's worth the effort.-- Written by Jason Notte in Portland, Ore. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Jason Notte. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/notteham. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV