Tumor Suppressor Protein And Brain Signaling Research Pays Off For New York Students With Siemens Competition Regional Win At Carnegie Mellon University
William is president of the leadership group, WAFL (We are Future Leaders). He volunteers at the American Cancer Society and is a member of the varsity fencing team. William would like to become a biomedical researcher.
Allen plays volleyball for his school and participates in an annual mission trip to help residents of impoverished areas. Allen would like to become a doctor.
The team was mentored by Dr. Terrence Bissoondial, Biological Research Teacher, George W. Hewlett High School, Hewlett, New York.
Regional FinalistsThe remaining regional finalists each received a $1,000 scholarship. Regional Finalists in the individual category were:
- Ranjeev Chabra, Syosset High School, Syosset, New York
- Christina Chen, Newton North High School, Newton, Massachusetts
- David Hamann, Yorktown High School, Yorktown Heights, New York
- Peijin Zhang, Lexington High School, Lexington, Massachusetts
- Team Regional Finalists were:
- Evan Chernack, South Side High School, Rockville Centre, New York, and Aneri Kinariwalla, Sayville High School, Sayville, New York
- Vickram Gidwani, Horace Mann School, New York, New York, and Daniel McQuaid, Ossining High School, Ossining, New York
- Anna Guo and Jasmine Lam, Midwood High School at Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, New York
- Shweta Iyer and Shilpa Iyer, Comsewogue High School, Port Jefferson Station, New York
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts