Completion of the acquisition is subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions for transactions of this type, including Department of Justice or Federal Trade Commission antitrust approval. Cinemark intends to fund the acquisition through the use of available cash, borrowings under its credit facilities, proceeds from the issuance of additional debt securities or a combination of the foregoing.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP served as legal advisors for Cinemark. AGM Partners, LLC and Kirkland & Ellis LLP served as financial and legal advisors, respectively, for the seller.
Reconciliation of Net Income to Adjusted EBITDA (Unaudited, in millions)
|Income tax expense||0.3|
|Depreciation and amortization||11.5|
|Interest expense and other||4.8|
|Deferred rent expense||3.2|
|Adjusted EBITDA (1)||$||41.7|
(1) Adjusted EBITDA as calculated in the chart above represents net income before income taxes, interest expense, depreciation and amortization, and deferred rent expense. Adjusted EBITDA is a non-GAAP financial measure commonly used in our industry and should not be construed as an alternative to net income as an indicator of operating performance or as an alternative to cash flow provided by operating activities as a measure of liquidity (as determined in accordance with GAAP). Adjusted EBITDA may not be comparable to similarly titled measures reported by other companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV