News Summary: Mideast Tensions Send Oil Higher
The Associated Press
OIL RISE: Crude oil and other energy futures rose as tensions worsened between Israel and the Palestinians. Oil for January delivery rose $1.05 to finish at $86.92 a barrel in New York, up 1.2 percent.
ROCKETS FIRED: Hamas fired rockets toward Jerusalem, triggering air raid sirens in the city. Israel called up reservists. Investors worry that an escalation of the conflict could impact the flow of oil from the region.
MIXED METALS: Gold rose, but other metals fell. December gold rose 90 cents to finish at $1,714.70 an ounce. Silver, platinum, palladium and copper all fell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV