Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Today was a rare glimpse into what the stock market could look like if politicians would only compromise, Jim Cramer told "Mad Money" TV show viewers Monday after a strong rally on Wall Street.
Cramer said if the fiscal cliff was averted there would be a whole laundry list of stocks worth buying.Other than the oil and gas stocks, which rose on troubles in the Middle East, and the materials stocks, which rose on a hopes of a Chinese recovery, Cramer said just about everything else rose on the promise of compromise in Washington. Those stocks included the home improvement players Lowe's (LOW) and Home Depot (HD), as well as just about everything that fills their aisles, from Sherwin-Williams (SHW) paint to Whirlpool (WHR) appliances. But Cramer noted that others would benefit from a fiscal resolution, not the least of which would be discretionary stocks Harley-Davidson (HOG) and Polaris Industries (PII), along with high-end retailers including Coach (COH). Also on Cramer's fiscal cliff shopping list were stocks that reported great earnings such as Petsmart (PETM) and those that have big gains for the year including Apple (AAPL), a stock he owns for his charitable trust,
Revved Up on Briggs & StrattonIn the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, many Americans have learned never to trust their local power grids. That's why stocks like Generac (GNRC), a maker of standby generators, have rallied big since Hurricane Sandy struck.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV