IT Employment Grows Modestly In October
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The number of IT jobs grew modestly in October following a small decrease in September.
According to TechServe Alliance, a collaboration of IT services firms, clients, consultants and suppliers, the number of IT jobs grew by 900 jobs in October to reach a level of 4,185,800. Except for the modest dip in September, IT employment has grown every month this year and is up 2.8% on a year-over-year basis.
"After a small decrease in September, I am pleased to see that IT employment grew in October---albeit modestly," said Mark Roberts, the CEO of TechServe.
"While demand in most IT skill sets remains strong, it appears that uncertainty surrounding the broader macroeconomic picture and fiscal cliff has dampened the robust growth we saw earlier in the year," added Roberts.For complete October 2012 IT Index please visit: http://www.techservealliance.org/pressroom/documents/IndexreleaseNovember2012-MBR.pdf About TechServe Alliance TechServe Alliance is a collaboration of IT services firms, clients, consultants and suppliers dedicated to advancing excellence and ethics within the IT services industry. Hundreds of IT staffing, IT solutions and IT consulting firms and tens of thousands of affiliated professionals, count on TechServe Alliance to keep their leadership informed, engaged and connected. TechServe Alliance serves as the voice of the industry before the policymakers and the national and trade press. By providing access to the knowledge and best practices of an entire industry and tapping the "collective scale" of hundreds of companies, TechServe Alliance supports its members in the efficient delivery of best-in-class IT services for clients and exceptional professional opportunities for every IT consultant. SOURCE TechServe Alliance
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV