UPS (NYSE:UPS) today released new published rates for 2013, including an average net increase of 4.5 percent on all UPS Air and U.S. origin international services and 4.9 percent on UPS Ground services.
The rate increase for UPS Air and International Services is based on a 6.5 percent average increase in the base rate, less a two percentage point reduction to the Air and International fuel surcharge table. The rate increase for UPS Ground services is based on a 5.9 percent average increase in the base rate, less a one percentage point reduction to the Ground fuel surcharge table.
Additionally, UPS Next Day Air® Freight, UPS 2nd Day Air® Freight and UPS 3 Day Freight® rates for shipments within and between the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico will increase 4.9 percent.
Updated rate and service information will be posted on www.ups.com/rates beginning today. On Dec. 31, 2012, when the new rates take effect, customers can download the 2013 Rate and Service Guide.UPS (NYSE:UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including the transportation of packages and freight; the facilitation of international trade, and the deployment of advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. The company can be found on the Web at UPS.com and its corporate blog can be found at blog.ups.com. To get UPS news direct, visit pressroom.ups.com/RSS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV