3 Stocks Pushing The Drugs Industry Higher
1. As of noon trading, Biogen Idec ( BIIB) is up $3.49 (2.5%) to $141.42 on heavy volume Thus far, 1.5 million shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $137.60-$141.97 after having opened the day at $137.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $137.93. Biogen Idec Inc. discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, hemophilia, and autoimmune disorders in the United States and internationally. Biogen Idec has a market cap of $32.2 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 23.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Biogen Idec a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Biogen Idec as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the drugs industry could consider SPDR S&P Pharmaceuticals ETF ( XPH) while those bearish on the drugs industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Nasdaq Biotech ( BIS). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts