Analyst sentiment towards the company was overwhelmingly positive on Friday.
"We believe Qualcomm is well positioned to post strong earnings growth in F2013 and beyond due to stable royalty rates, strong market share for integrated chipsets, and strong growth of 3G devices in emerging markets," wrote Canaccord Genuity analyst Mike Walkley, in a note.
"Post Qualcomm's analyst meeting we reiterate our outperform rating," wrote Credit Suisse (CS) analyst Kulbinder Garcha. "We see solid fundamentals ahead with growth being driven by smartphone/tablet adoption and resilient pricing due to a mix shift to high-end smartphones driving long-term double-digit EPS growth."
Qualcomm, which overhauled its corporate structure earlier this year in an attempt to speed up product delivery and protect patents, also discussed the opportunities around Small Cell technology during its analyst event.Similar to Femto Cell, Small Cell refers to a low-power radio technology which can be deployed wherever users need to boost their data capacities. Qualcomm says that the same chips it sells to phone manufacturers can be used within Small Cell devices, potentially opening the door to a lucrative new revenue stream. "Qualcomm was optimistic on exposure to small cells," wrote Lazard Capital Markets analyst Ian Ing, in a note released on Friday. "Units could become material enough to directly impact both licensing and chipsets." Qualcomm shares rose 0.41% to $61.53 during Friday trading. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV