Alaska's Unemployment Rate Falls To 7.1 Percent
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) â¿¿ Alaska's unemployment rate fell to a preliminary 7.1 percent in October, its lowest level in five months.
The seasonally adjusted rate compared to 7.5 percent both in September and in October 2011. It was the lowest since May, when unemployment stood at 7 percent.
Alaska's unemployment rate also remained lower than the national rate, which was 7.9 percent last month.
The state labor department says there has been no clear trend, in either direction, in Alaska's unemployment rate this year. The rate has been as high as 7.7 percent, in August, and as low as 6.9 percent in April.The seasonally adjusted rate is meant to help account for fluctuations in seasonal employment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV