NC Unemployment Rate Drops Slightly In October
In September, North Carolina had the fifth-highest unemployment rate in the nation. The Bureau of Labor Statistics will release the state-by-state rankings for October next week.
Looking forward, another increase in the unemployment rate could be on the horizon. North Carolina was among the six states with the highest increase in people seeking unemployment benefits.
While some states blamed the increase on Superstorm Sandy, North Carolina said the additional 1,725 applications were due to layoffs in the metal, textile, machinery and restaurant industries.
__Martha Waggoner can be reached at http://twitter.com/mjwaggonernc
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV