MedCentral Health System Selects Anesthesia Software And Perioperative Analytics From Surgical Information Systems
ATLANTA, Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Surgical Information Systems ("SIS"), a leader in perioperative information systems, announced that MedCentral Health System has expanded its system-wide use of the SIS solution to include anesthesia automation, perioperative analytics, patient tracking, and integrated tissue tracking as part of their single perioperative record. MedCentral Health System, the largest medical provider between Cleveland, Ohio and Columbus, Ohio, was also the first hospital system in the United States to attest to Meaningful Use.
The hospital recognized the need to expand its use of the SIS solution to keep up with increasing cost pressures as well as support the growing importance of quality initiatives. The expansion will include both of the facility's acute care hospitals as well as their surgery center. Reducing costs in the OR is a critical component of hospitals' strategies to manage changing reimbursement models such as Value-Based Purchasing (VBP). Beginning this month, the VBP model lowers reimbursement payments to hospitals by 1% and begins to link reimbursement to the quality of care rather than the quantity of procedures performed. Seven of the twelve clinical quality measures in a hospital's VBP Total Performance Score are operating room Surgical Care Improvement Project (SCIP) measures.
"Hospitals are constantly challenged to reduce costs while providing safe and efficient care to our patients," said Mike Mistretta, Vice President and CIO at MedCentral Health System. "Completely automating the perioperative suite with SIS supports our goals to deliver safe, efficient quality care while alleviating some of those cost pressures such as VBP and other changing payment models."The health system's implementation will include:
- An anesthesia information management system (AIMS) designed to streamline clinical workflows;
- Role-based analytics to assist in better understanding and managing surgical operations, including anesthesia-specific information;
- Patient tracking through all phases of care to improve communications and core metrics including on time case starts and room turnover times; and
- Integrated tissue management to provide standardized processes that accurately and efficiently manage tissue inventory, reducing waste, lowering costs, and supporting The Joint Commission and other compliance efforts.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts