Yum! Brands Inc. (NYSE: YUM) Board of Directors authorized the Company to repurchase up to $1 billion in additional shares of common stock and declared a dividend of $0.335 per share of common stock. The quarterly dividend will be distributed February 1, 2013, to shareholders of record at the close of business on January 11, 2013.
The $1 billion in additional share repurchases of the Company’s outstanding common stock is authorized through May 31, 2014. Repurchases of common stock may be made from time to time in the open market or through privately negotiated transactions and will be subject to market conditions and other factors. Year-to-date, the Company has repurchased $815 million of shares of common stock at an average price of $66.
Yum!’s first priority with the operating cash it generates is to invest in high-return global growth opportunities. In addition, Yum! is committed to returning significant cash to shareholders. Over the past five years, the Company has returned $5.7 billion of cash through the combination of share repurchases and dividends.
2012 INVESTOR & ANALYST CONFERENCEYum! will host its 2012 Investor and Analyst Conference on December 6th in New York. Presentations will begin at 8:45 a.m. and will include the following presenters:
|David C. Novak, Yum! Chairman and CEO||Weiwei Chen, Yum! China CFO|
|Rick Carucci, Yum! President||Micky Pant, Yum! Restaurants International CEO|
|Pat Grismer, Yum! Chief Financial Officer||Niren Chaudhary, Yum! India President|
|Angela Loh, Yum! China Chief Concept Officer||Greg Creed, Taco Bell CEO|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV