2. As of noon trading, Novartis ( NVS) is down $0.29 (-0.5%) to $58.68 on average volume Thus far, 1.2 million shares of Novartis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $58.60-$59.17 after having opened the day at $59.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.97. Novartis AG, through its subsidiaries, engages in the research, development, manufacture, and marketing of healthcare products worldwide. Novartis has a market cap of $144.2 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Novartis a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Novartis as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Novartis Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts