4. As of noon trading, AstraZeneca ( AZN) is down $0.77 (-1.7%) to $44.30 on average volume Thus far, 820,536 shares of AstraZeneca exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $44.17-$44.73 after having opened the day at $44.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.07. AstraZeneca PLC engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of prescription medicines for gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, neuroscience, respiratory and inflammation, oncology, and infectious diseases worldwide. AstraZeneca has a market cap of $56.7 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 2.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates AstraZeneca a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates AstraZeneca as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full AstraZeneca Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts