1. As of noon trading, Expedia ( EXPE) is up $1.07 (1.9%) to $56.95 on light volume Thus far, 751,293 shares of Expedia exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $55.62-$57.23 after having opened the day at $55.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.88. Expedia, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an online travel company in the United States and internationally. Expedia has a market cap of $6.8 billion and is part of the leisure industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.7, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 92.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Expedia a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Expedia as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Get the full Expedia Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts