MCLEAN, Va., Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Freddie Mac is helping ease the burden for families impacted by Hurricane Sandy by donating $1 million to nonprofits supporting relief efforts, including the American Red Cross.
"We are helping families get the services they need and rebuild their lives in the wake of this disaster," said Freddie Mac Vice President Wendell Chambliss.
The American Red Cross is receiving $250,000 of these funds to support disaster relief efforts. Up to $750,000 is also going to local nonprofits in the disaster area to provide a variety of services such as housing assistance.
- Faith Fellowship Community Development Corporation to set up a New Jersey meal facility that also provides packaged meals to people who can't access the facility, and will help residents apply for public assistance;
- Make the Road New York to deliver food to affected families in Staten Island and Long Island, New York, and to assist families with federal assistance applications in English and Spanish;
- Neighborhood Housing Services of East Flatbush to distribute cleaning kits to residents in Brooklyn, New York, an area which had extensive flooding;
- Asian Americans for Equality Community Development Fund to purchase basic supplies such as generators and flashlights to help low-income tenants and homeowners in Queens and Brooklyn, New York; and
- Long Island Housing Partnership to help low- and moderate-income residents find temporary housing or remain in their homes with services such as repairing hot water heaters and getting electricity restored.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV