Java Gum -- A Safer Alternative To Energy Drinks
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y., Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- There's no wonder why people seek out caffeine. It's been proven to boost both mental and physical performance, and elevate your mood. But according to the New York Times , federal officials from the F.D.A. are linking the possible involvement of popular energy drinks to deaths, leading people to seek out other energy-boosting alternatives.
The way caffeine is administered can offer a healthier solution— in the form of a chewing gum.
The concept behind Java Gum ( JavaGum.com), a new caffeinated gum on the market, isn't new. The U.S. Military devised a similar product 30 years ago, after research proved that soldiers could stay awake up to 68 hours with the help of caffeine. They chose gum after the Walter Reed Army Hospital proved chewing delivers the stimulant three to nine times faster than liquids or tablets.
Java Gum masks the bitter taste of caffeine successfully with spearmint and peppermint flavors. So much so, Convenience Store News recently awarded it the Best New Product Award in the 'gum and mints' category."When we found Java Gum at our local Big R Store, we thought we would give it a try," said Michelle McAlister. "My husband and I are truckers and it's working great for both of us. Much better than the 5-Hour Energy shots." While 5-Hour Energy doesn't publish its caffeine levels, Consumer Reports published an article leaving the 215 milligrams on the higher end of the industry spectrum. Java Gum only contains 65 milligrams of caffeine. That's around the same amount found in your typical cup of coffee, yet it can fight drowsiness as effectively as other energy products because it's not ingested. It contains no sugar and is fewer calories than its competitors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV