SIMI HILLS, Calif., Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing's (NYSE: BA) Santa Susana Field Laboratory, once a rocket engine testing and energy research facility for the federal government, recently received the Wildlife Habitat Council's prestigious Corporate Lands for Learning™ certification for providing public wildlife habitat preservation and restoration education programs.
The Wildlife Habitat Council, which works with corporations and conservation organizations to create wildlife habitat enhancement education programs, presented the award to Boeing at the Council's 24th Annual Symposium on Nov. 8 in Baltimore.
" Santa Susana employees may take pride in knowing that they have made an important contribution to conservation education," said Margaret O' Gorman, president of the Wildlife Habitat Council, noting Santa Susana's educational programs showcase the site's unique human, natural and technological history.
The certification affirms the site's numerous educational opportunities that highlight wildlife conservation including:
- Avian studies through the San Fernando Valley Audubon Society's bird counting and banding program
- Wildlife habitat protection and California native plant restoration
- Frequent guided bus and walking tours for community members, environmental groups, elected officials and reporters
- Community events and children's programs that highlight pollinator habitats
- Santa Susana specific curriculum taught by local colleges and universities
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV