SIMI HILLS, Calif., Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing's (NYSE: BA) Santa Susana Field Laboratory, once a rocket engine testing and energy research facility for the federal government, recently received the Wildlife Habitat Council's prestigious Corporate Lands for Learning™ certification for providing public wildlife habitat preservation and restoration education programs.
The Wildlife Habitat Council, which works with corporations and conservation organizations to create wildlife habitat enhancement education programs, presented the award to Boeing at the Council's 24th Annual Symposium on Nov. 8 in Baltimore.
" Santa Susana employees may take pride in knowing that they have made an important contribution to conservation education," said Margaret O' Gorman, president of the Wildlife Habitat Council, noting Santa Susana's educational programs showcase the site's unique human, natural and technological history.
The certification affirms the site's numerous educational opportunities that highlight wildlife conservation including:
- Avian studies through the San Fernando Valley Audubon Society's bird counting and banding program
- Wildlife habitat protection and California native plant restoration
- Frequent guided bus and walking tours for community members, environmental groups, elected officials and reporters
- Community events and children's programs that highlight pollinator habitats
- Santa Susana specific curriculum taught by local colleges and universities
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV