CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today said it has received a 100 percent rating by the Human Rights Campaign in its 2013 Corporate Equality Index report, the premiere national benchmark for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT) workplace inclusion, up from 80 percent last year.
The HRC's CEI report, released each fall since 2002, provides an in-depth analysis and rating of large U.S. employers and their policies and practices pertinent to LGBT employees.
“We are honored to be recognized by the Human Rights Campaign as one of the best places to work for LGBT equality,” said Beth Conway, vice president, human resources, CA Technologies. “CA Technologies continually updates and improves its programs, policies and benefits to demonstrate our commitment to a fully-inclusive environment for all of our employees and our core value of treating every employee with respect – and equality.”
CA Technologies supports its LGBT employees with programs, policies and benefits including:
- Health care benefits to employees and their spouse or same- or opposite-sex domestic partner;
- Transgender-inclusive healthcare coverage for 2013;
- Sessions through the company’s Management and Leadership Academy called “Bringing Your Authentic Self to Work”;
- Sponsors the LGBT luncheon at the Anita Borg Institute’s Grace Hopper Celebration of Women Conference;
- Membership with the National Diversity Council, a nonprofit organization dedicated to championing diversity and inclusion in the workplace;
- Hosts an LGBT Employee Network Group (ENG) to foster diversity and allow employees to share information, recognize achievements, and interact with fellow employees on an informal basis; and
- Specific recruitment efforts to seek out top LGBT talent including: the Out for Undergraduate Business Conference and NYC LGBT Career Fair.