Driven Los Angeles Teen On Mission To Raise $250,000 For Needy In South Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- It is a warm sunny afternoon in South Los Angeles. While others may be at work or school, one compassionate teenager is out giving back to those in need.
Shauniece Frazier is a young, ambitious seventeen year old with a calling. This driven teenager is on a mission to raise $250,000 with the intent to supply toiletries, clothes, shoes, food and school supplies to many of the 15 percent of those in need in the Los Angeles area living below the poverty level.
Many Americans struggle to make ends meet. Basic necessities are often overlooked as a result of this conflict. Shauniece sees this as a tremendous injustice and is doing everything in her power to bridge the gap.
Shauniece Frazier comes from a long lineage of givers. As a child, she witnessed her mother shelter and feed the needy in Los Angeles County, which shaped her governing values as she continued to grow up through adolescence. At a young age, Shauniece recognized the disparity that many families faced, and was passionately driven to take action. "I really just want to help," Shauniece says.Shauniece conducts bi-weekly toiletry giveaways at local churches throughout the South-Central Los Angeles area. Hundreds of needy individuals attend the weekly giveaways and leave with their spirits lifted & bags filled with many of the basic necessities that many of us commonly take for granted, including toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash, soap as well as shampoo. "I am so happy that Shauniece and her family do this. Just receiving these basic items that I sometimes am not able to afford means so much to me and my family," says an anonymous recipient of Shauniece's donations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV