PlanetMagpie Publishes New White Paper: "The Argument For ReShoring IT: The Risks Of Outsourcing Offshore, And Why 'IT ReShoring' Is Growing"
FREMONT, Calif., Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Has IT Offshoring damaged America's economic future? Its national security? The research says yes.
A Bay Area IT Consulting firm has published a white paper that provides a 40,000-foot view of Offshoring...and all of its unintended consequences.
Titled "The Argument for ReShoring IT: The Risks of Outsourcing Offshore, and Why 'IT ReShoring' is Growing," it cites 28 sources showing the risks American businesses open themselves up to when offshoring IT.
Offshoring: High Economic Risk, Low Cost Savings (and Getting Lower)The white paper breaks down how offshoring IT services affects different aspects of our national well-being. Readers will see how offshoring endangers the:
- U.S. Economy—over 1.5 million middle-class IT jobs have been lost to other countries
- U.S. Technological Superiority—previously the tech leader of the world, America is providing valuable R&D experience to developers and engineers in other countries, undermining its own competitiveness in the long term
- U.S. Intellectual Property—cyber-criminals are stealing IP, trade secrets, R&D, customer data, even source code that American companies voluntarily send overseas
- U.S. National Security—with a weakened and reduced IT talent pool, the U.S. becomes vulnerable to cyber-warfare & cannot defend its infrastructure
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts