MILWAUKEE, Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Telkonet, Inc. (OTC BB: TKOI), developer of the EcoSmart energy management platform featuring Recovery Time™ technology, announced that three Hilton Worldwide hotels in the Greater Chicago area have installed EcoSmart energy management systems.
Green to Guest, a firm specializing in energy management for the hospitality industry, installed EcoInsight thermostats in a collective 750 rooms. In utilizing Telkonet's proprietary hardware and energy management platform, the Hilton Northbrook, the Hilton Lisle/ Naperville, and the DoubleTree Alsip will reduce their energy usage by an inspiring 35%.
"Sustainability has become an important criterion for both leisure and business customers when selecting a hotel," said Frank Allgauer, co-owner of the three hotels. "Telkonet's EcoSmart system allows us to be sustainable without impacting the guest experience, which is what many of our travelers want to see. There's an interest in 'going green,' but not at the expense of room comfort."Telkonet's Recovery Time™ technology makes EcoSmart a unique and desirable energy management solution, particularly within the hospitality market. Unlike any other energy management solution, Telkonet's intelligent thermostats save energy when a room is unoccupied without inconveniencing a guest upon his or her return. "There is no fixed setback temperature," said Brandon Husko, Chief Operating Officer of Green to Guest. "EcoSmart's Recovery Time™ calculates dynamic setback temperatures for individual rooms – it's simple, yet sophisticated. I stand behind the technology 100%." To provide additional energy savings, the trio of hotels elected to include Telkonet's "Green Button," a feature that allows guests to opt-in to energy conservation measures. Pushing the button enables modest adjustments to setback temperatures and length of the Recovery Time, enabling guests to be actively eco-friendly.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV