NEW YORK, Nov. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Heading into the holiday season, and the busiest shopping days of the year, UGG® Australia, a division of Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQGS: DECK) is committed to educating and protecting consumers from counterfeit UGG products that are being sold as authentic, and ensuring they are only buying at authorized retailers.
A counterfeit product is a fake or imitation made with the goal of tricking you into believing it is genuine.
"Counterfeiting remains a growing global problem – not only for companies, but also consumers," said Angel Martinez, President, CEO and Chairman of the Board of Deckers Outdoor Corporation. "Online or off, we want consumers to shop for UGG products with confidence. That's why we remain committed to fighting this issue while continuing to raise awareness and educate consumers."Any consumer who has shopped online for UGG boots, shoes or accessories may have already been exposed to the thousands of counterfeit UGG websites advertising fake UGG products. These sites are intentionally trying to deceive shoppers into buying UGG counterfeit products. Often, these sites will advertise "uggs on sale", "cheap uggs", or "discount uggs". Counterfeiters frequently use email blasts and flash sales as ways of drawing consumers to their sites as well. Offline, counterfeiters often host tables at flea markets in hopes of duping unsuspecting customers into purchasing fake UGG products. These products may look real, and it can be difficult to detect a fake UGG boot, shoe or accessory. This is particularly true online where counterfeiters use UGG brand images, and typically the name UGG appears in the domain. To protect consumers who are shopping for gifts both in-store and online this holiday season, UGG® Australia offers the following tips to keep in mind:
Look For Authenticity:
- UGG Classic product is made with Grade A twin-faced sheepskin (it is one piece)
- Counterfeit outsoles are stiff and difficult to flex or bend - UGG boots bend with ease
- Hang tags are not used on Classic products – if you see a hang tag, it's a fake
- Buy Only From Trusted Online Retailers: If you aren't shopping our site or an authorized retailer, you are being fooled into buying fake product.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV