- Ask your supporters in the House to draft a compromise bill.
- Apologize for the blog post I referenced in the above-mentioned October article where Tim Westergren calls out how much Pandora pays in royalties to SoundExchange and specific artists. That's where the trouble started. Obviously, Pandora pushed its luck and upset roughly 125 major players.
- Offer listeners one-year subscriptions to Pandora for half price. Come up with some sort of lifetime option. Pandora One, the platform's subscription option, is consistently one of the top in-app purchases in Apple's (AAPL) App Store. Drive that thing like you stole it.
- Increase revenue. Don't run more ads. That's always been a bad idea. Find a way to be an e-commerce player. And, as I suggested months ago, side with artists; become an independent concert promoter staging and selling tickets to exclusive Pandora listener-only concerts across the country.
Absolutely Horrible News For Pandora
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts