LONDON, November 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Navarino signs with Inmarsat for Global Xpress®
- First Telco in Greece to be appointed a Global Xpress Value Added Reseller
- Latest endorsement from the market for Inmarsat's service innovation and roadmap toward Global Xpress®
Inmarsat (LSE:ISAT.L), the leading provider of global mobile satellite communications services announced today that it has signed Piraeus-headquartered satellite communications organisation, Navarino as a Value Added Reseller (VAR) of Global Xpress® for the maritime market.
Navarino is one of the leading satellite communication providers in Europe and Asia, specializing in a number of innovative products and value added services for vessels that trade globally. The company has a client base of more than 500 shipping companies throughout Europe and Asia, serviced by offices in Piraeus, Hamburg, Oslo, Cyprus, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Dimitris Tsikopoulos, CEO, Navarino, said: "Global Xpress is the best response to the increasing need for data-driven and cost-effective communications at sea, offering the shipping industry unprecedented data speeds and global coverage. Greece has the largest single ownership of ocean-going vessels, with around 17% of the world's ship owners based here. Our customers have the highest bandwidth requirements and Global Xpress with its combination of a new super-fast Ka-band satellite network and the existing FleetBroadband service will deliver a quality, global service with the utmost reliability."Continues Tsikopoulos: "The deployment of Global Xpress will herald a revolution in maritime communications and will have a significant impact on how the shipping industry can improve its profitability through achieving long term cost efficiencies."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV