"We are refocusing on our core diagnostic information services business and on driving operational excellence and restoring growth," continued Mr. Rusckowski. "In addition, we are pleased with progress we are making simplifying the organization, based upon the reorganization announced in October."
In addition, Quest Diagnostics reiterated its expectations for 2012 results from continuing operations, before special items and before the anticipated impact of Hurricane Sandy. More specifically, the company expects:
- Revenues to grow approximately 0.5%;
- Earnings per diluted share to be between $4.45 and $4.55;
- Operating income as a percentage of revenues to approximate 18%;
- Cash provided by operations to approximate $1.2 billion; and
- Capital expenditures to approximate $180 million.
Webcast Attendance A live webcast of the event will be broadcast simultaneously on the Investor Relations page of the Quest Diagnostics website for all interested parties. To access the webcast or a replay of the event, visit: www.QuestDiagnostics.com/investor. The webcast will begin promptly at 9:00 am and conclude at 12:30 pm. A replay will be available following the meeting.
About Quest Diagnostics Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic information services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic information services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers, and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics is a pioneer in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care. Additional company information is available at QuestDiagnostics.com.The statements in this press release which are not historical facts may be forward-looking statements. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date that they are made and which reflect management's current estimates, projections, expectations or beliefs and which involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results and outcomes to be materially different. Risks and uncertainties that may affect the future results of the company include, but are not limited to, adverse results from pending or future government investigations, lawsuits or private actions, the competitive environment, changes in government regulations, changing relationships with customers, payers, suppliers and strategic partners and other factors discussed in "Business," "Risk Factors," "Cautionary Factors that May Affect Future Results," "Legal Proceedings," "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," and "Quantitative and Qualitative Disclosures About Market Risk" in the company's 2011 Annual Report on Form 10-K and "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations," "Quantitative and Qualitative Disclosures About Market Risk," and "Risk Factors" in the company's Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other items throughout the Form 10-K and the company's 2012 Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and Current Reports on Form 8-K.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV