NEW YORK -- Lowe's (LOW), the home-improvement retailer, posted third-quarter results that exceeded forecasts as same-store sales for the period rose 1.8%.
Adjusted earnings were 40 cents a share on revenue of $12.07 billion; analysts on average were expecting earnings of 35 cents a share in the third quarter on revenue of $11.91 billion.
Lowe's shares were rising 3.9% in premarket trading Monday to $33.21.
Cisco Systems (CSCO), the networking giant, announced Sunday it was buying cloud computing company Meraki for $1.2 billion. Meraki, based in San Francisco, will form Cisco's new Cloud Networking group, which will be led by Meraki CEO Sanjit Biswas. Cisco shares were rising 1.3% to $18.22 in premarket trading.
Retailer Urban Outfitters (URBN) is expected to earn 41 cents a share in the third quarter on revenue of $692.4 million. Clues to E-Commerce Success
Tyson Foods (TSN) posted fiscal fourth-quarter adjusted earnings of 55 cents a share on sales of $8.37 billion. analysts forecast earnings of 44 cents a share on sales of $8.49 billion.
Earnings are also expected Monday from Jack in the Box (JACK), Krispy Kreme (KKD), Agilent (A)and Brocade (BRCD).
BioMimetic Therapeutics (BMTI)shares rose 82% to $7.57 after it announced Monday an agreement to combine its business with Wright Medical (WMGI).
News Corp (NWSA) is expected to announce this week that it will acquire a 49% in the YES Network from the New York Yankees and its partners, according to Reuters, which cited a person with knowledge of the talks. The deal would would value the sports channel at $3 billion, Reuters said. An Assault on Yield-Oriented ETFs
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV