Then again it may not matter. Banking customers will put up with lots of abuse. People don't change banks the way they change restaurants or clothing brands. Once you're set up with direct deposit and automatic bill pay, it takes a lot of energy to bring your business elsewhere, and as Bank of America (and Berkowitz) love to repeat, the bank serves one of every two U.S. households.
Still, however attractive Bank of America may be as a play on a U.S. recovery, imagine how well it could do if it actually had a coherent game plan.
-- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV