Three Start-ups Awarded At Saint-Gobain NOVA Innovation Competition 2012 Held At The Greenbuild International Conference In San Francisco
"We expect to be working with the industry to turn our lab discoveries into commercial technologies over the next few years. We were looking for partners to help us create revolutionary products, and to help us scale the manufacturing and production of those products, and ultimately to get those products into the hands of end users," said Andrew Lim, CEO, Heliotrope. "Saint-Gobain has a strong platform in window products. We believe we can provide additional features and functionality to those products and contribute to the success of Saint-Gobain in the future."
Saint-Gobain and Innovation
World leader in the habitat and construction markets, Saint-Gobain is present in 64 countries with nearly 195,000 employees. The Group designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet the key challenges of growth, energy efficiency and environmental protection. Innovation is at the heart of the Saint-Gobain strategy. This notably involves working closely with young companies. More than €430 million were invested in R&D last year. 3,700 researchers (37 nationalities) are working on more than 700 projects. 396 patents were registered in 2011 and more than one product out of five sold by the manufacturing sectors did not exist five years ago.
Saint-Gobain and start-ups
- NOVA examines how projects coming from innovative start-ups can be implemented faster by leaning on the industrial and commercial assets of Saint-Gobain, for the greatest benefit of each partner. NOVA serves as a unique interface for start-ups and helps create and develop links with all Group activities worldwide.
- 168 candidates from 28 nationalities participated in the 2012 Saint-Gobain innovation competition.
- Since 2006, Saint-Gobain partnered with 54 start-ups thanks to NOVA.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts