National Oilwell Varco, Inc. (NYSE: NOV) (the “Company”) announced today the pricing of a public offering of $3.0 billion of senior notes, consisting of three tranches:
- $500,000,000 aggregate principal amount of its 1.35% senior notes due December 1, 2017;
- $1,400,000,000 aggregate principal amount of its 2.60% senior notes due December 1, 2022; and
- $1,100,000,000 aggregate principal amount of its 3.95% senior notes due December 1, 2042.
The offering is expected to close on November 20, 2012, subject to customary closing conditions.
The Company intends to use approximately $2.5 billion of the net proceeds from the sale of the senior notes to fund a portion of the purchase price for the acquisition of Robbins & Myers, Inc. (the “Robbins & Myers Acquisition”), which it currently expects to close in the fourth quarter of 2012. The remaining net proceeds will be used for other general corporate purposes. If the Company does not consummate the Robbins & Myers Acquisition or the consummation of the Robbins & Myers Acquisition is delayed until the first quarter of 2013, the net proceeds intended to be used to fund such acquisition will be used for other general corporate purposes, including the funding of ongoing operations and other acquisitions by the Company.
Barclays Capital Inc., J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC are acting as joint book-running managers for the offering. An electronic copy of the prospectus supplement and prospectus is available from the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at www.sec.gov.The offering is being made pursuant to an effective shelf registration statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on November 15, 2012. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any state.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV