NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- In March of 1997, after getting laid-off by Netguide Magazine just before it folded, I launched a weekly newsletter called A Clue . . . to Internet Commerce, later called a-clue.com.
After the dot-bomb of 2000 realized my worst fears for the space, I moved on to other things, but after doing my Christmas shopping
Clues are hints on what should work, and what doesn't, patterns observed over 30 years watching businesses succeed and fail.
Just as most newspaper editors don't understand they're in the ad business, because it's so much more fun to write and report stories, so most store owners fail to see that it's infrastructure, not merchandising, that makes the difference between their success and failure.This is especially true online. You have to get that right or the rest doesn't matter -- you're just going to tee people off. Since Pricegrabber.com expects
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV