Nov. 15, 2012
/PRNewswire/ - Celestica Inc. (NYSE, TSX: CLS), a global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions, today announced it has been recognized as the winner of EMC Corporation's
first annual Blue Sky Supplier Sustainability Award.
The EMC Blue Sky Award was designed to acknowledge a supplier partner who demonstrates efforts in sustainability reporting and improving social and environmental responsibility. Applicants were judged on the impact of their initiatives, creativity in overcoming challenges, innovation of approach, and overall commitment to engagement, transparency, and continuous improvement.
"Promoting sustainability in our supply chain is not just the right thing to do, it is good business practice," said
, EMC's Chief Procurement Officer. "Suppliers who are socially and environmentally responsible will be more successful in the long run, and therefore better partners for EMC. Recognizing and rewarding top sustainability performers is a key element of our strategy."
"Celestica has made it a corporate focus to differentiate itself with sustainability," Cleary added. "They have demonstrated significant and continuous improvements in employee health and safety, and in environmental management."
The award recognizes Celestica for its commitment to strong corporate citizenship and for its comprehensive corporate social responsibility program that is aligned to five key areas:
- Ethics: Celestica's policies and guiding principles help to ensure that the company fulfills its commitment to transparency, honest, fair dealings and respect.
- Labour: The company strives to foster an environment where all employees around the globe are provided with the opportunity to meet their full potential and are acknowledged for their contributions.
- The Environment: Celestica is committed to being an environmentally responsible partner in the communities in which it operates by working to ensure it has safe, efficient, and environmentally conscious operating and manufacturing processes in place.
- Occupational Health & Safety: Celestica is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and preventing occupational illness and injury at all of its sites.
- Community Giving: Celestica strives to enhance the communities in which it operates by encouraging volunteerism and donations of our expertise and funds in support of programs in the areas of education, health and community services.
"At Celestica, we are dedicated to strong corporate citizenship and strive to act as a solid extension of our customers' brands," said
, Chief Compliance Officer, Celestica. "We are proud to be recognized by our valued customer, EMC, for our robust corporate social responsibility program."
Celestica is dedicated to delivering end-to-end product lifecycle solutions to drive our customers' success. Through our simplified global operations network and information technology platform, we are solid partners who deliver informed, flexible solutions that enable our customers to succeed in the markets they serve. Committed to providing a truly differentiated customer experience, our agile and adaptive employees share a proud history of demonstrated expertise and creativity that provides our customers with the ability to overcome any challenge.
For further information on Celestica, visit
Safe Harbour and Fair Disclosure Statement
This news release contains forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements are predictive in nature and may be based on current expectations, forecasts or assumptions involving risks and uncertainties that could cause actual outcomes to differ materially from the forward-looking statements themselves. For those statements, we claim the protection of the safe harbor for forward-looking statements contained in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, and in any applicable Canadian securities legislation. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future actions or events. You should understand that the risks, uncertainties and factors which are identified in our various public filings at www.sedar.com and www.sec.gov could affect our future actions and events and could cause them to differ materially from those expressed in such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are provided for the purpose of providing information about management's current expectations and plans relating to the future. Readers are cautioned that such information may not be appropriate for other purposes. Except as required by applicable law, we disclaim any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
SOURCE Celestica Inc.