TORONTO, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - Celestica Inc. (NYSE, TSX: CLS), a global leader in the delivery of end-to-end product lifecycle solutions, today announced it has been recognized as the winner of EMC Corporation's ® first annual Blue Sky Supplier Sustainability Award.
The EMC Blue Sky Award was designed to acknowledge a supplier partner who demonstrates efforts in sustainability reporting and improving social and environmental responsibility. Applicants were judged on the impact of their initiatives, creativity in overcoming challenges, innovation of approach, and overall commitment to engagement, transparency, and continuous improvement.
"Promoting sustainability in our supply chain is not just the right thing to do, it is good business practice," said Steve Cleary, EMC's Chief Procurement Officer. "Suppliers who are socially and environmentally responsible will be more successful in the long run, and therefore better partners for EMC. Recognizing and rewarding top sustainability performers is a key element of our strategy."
"Celestica has made it a corporate focus to differentiate itself with sustainability," Cleary added. "They have demonstrated significant and continuous improvements in employee health and safety, and in environmental management."The award recognizes Celestica for its commitment to strong corporate citizenship and for its comprehensive corporate social responsibility program that is aligned to five key areas:
- Ethics: Celestica's policies and guiding principles help to ensure that the company fulfills its commitment to transparency, honest, fair dealings and respect.
- Labour: The company strives to foster an environment where all employees around the globe are provided with the opportunity to meet their full potential and are acknowledged for their contributions.
- The Environment: Celestica is committed to being an environmentally responsible partner in the communities in which it operates by working to ensure it has safe, efficient, and environmentally conscious operating and manufacturing processes in place.
- Occupational Health & Safety: Celestica is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and preventing occupational illness and injury at all of its sites.
- Community Giving: Celestica strives to enhance the communities in which it operates by encouraging volunteerism and donations of our expertise and funds in support of programs in the areas of education, health and community services.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV