Frontier Airlines today announced it will suspend its nonstop service between Lehigh Valley International Airport (ABE), in Allentown, Pa. and Orlando International Airport (MCO) effective April 7, 2013. Flights after April 7, 2013, will be removed from the carrier’s schedule on Sunday, Nov. 18, 2012.
“Frontier is committed to providing its customers with convenient, low-fare service and relies heavily on airports keeping their costs competitive,” said Greg Aretakis, Frontier’s vice president, network and revenue. “Unfortunately, increasing fuel and other operating costs at Lehigh Valley International Airport have made it impossible to provide the low fares customers demand and, ultimately, we made the business decision to suspend our service.”
Frontier will continue to offer the Allentown community its same low fares at FlyFrontier.com throughout the duration of our service.
Frontier Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of Republic Airways Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ:RJET).About Frontier Airlines Frontier Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of Republic Airways Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: RJET), an airline holding company that also owns Chautauqua Airlines, Republic Airlines and Shuttle America. Currently in its 19 th year of operations, Frontier offers service to more than 80 destinations in the United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic. The airline employs 4,500 aviation professionals, operating from its hub at Denver International Airport. For in-depth information on Frontier Airlines and to book tickets, visit FlyFrontier.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV