Dole Food Company, Inc. Announces Third Quarter 2012 Results
Dole Food Company, Inc. (NYSE: DOLE) today announced financial and operating results for the third quarter ended October 6, 2012. Dole reported third quarter of 2012 Adjusted EBITDA of $62.4 million compared to $61.1 million in the third quarter of 2011. GAAP loss from continuing operations for the third quarter of 2012 improved to $(13.6) million, or $(0.16) per share, compared to a loss of $(47) million, or $(0.54) per share, in the third quarter of 2011. Comparable Income from continuing operations for the third quarter of 2012 improved to a loss of $(5.3) million, or $(0.06) per share, compared to a loss of $(12.1) million, or $(0.14) per share, in the third quarter of 2011 (see Exhibit 3).
For the first three quarters of 2012, Adjusted EBITDA was $266.7 million compared to $333 million in the first three quarters of 2011. GAAP income from continuing operations for the first three quarters of 2012 was $69.1 million, or $0.78 per share, compared to $37.5 million, or $0.43 in the first three quarters of 2011. Comparable Income from continuing operations for the first three quarters of 2012 was $79.6 million, or $0.90 per share, compared to $123 million, or $1.40 per share, in the first three quarters of 2011 (see Exhibit 3).
“During the third quarter we announced that Dole had signed an exclusive definitive agreement with ITOCHU Corporation for the sale of Dole’s worldwide Packaged Foods and Asia Fresh businesses for $1.685 billion in cash,” said David A. DeLorenzo, Dole’s President and CEO. “We are pleased to say that this transaction is continuing on track, including the required regulatory approval process, and we do not foresee any issues in obtaining all required regulatory approvals as well as approval of our shareholders. We remain optimistic that the sale will be completed by the end of this year.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV