In response to the devastation caused by Hurricane Sandy, UBS today announced that it is committing more than $1.2 million in total financial contributions to aid in long-term relief and rebuilding efforts. This underscores the importance that community affairs efforts have in the firm’s overall strategy.
Collectively, UBS has pledged $600,000 among the following community partners in support of their relief efforts in Connecticut, New Jersey and New York:
- American Red Cross
- New York Business Assistance Corporation (NYBAC) – a nonprofit arm of the New York City Department of Small Business Services
- Hurricane Sandy New Jersey Relief Fund
- Local organizations conducting grassroots efforts in highly impacted communities
Additionally, UBS has given $500,000 to The Francis Ward Paine Foundation which makes grants available to the hundreds of UBS employees who have been significantly affected or suffered severe financial hardships as a result of this natural disaster.
“UBS has more than 10,000 employees based in the tri-state area alone; Hurricane Sandy not only tore through our communities in which we live, it directly impacted our UBS family,” said Bob McCann, CEO of UBS Group Americas. “We hope that our contributions will play a critical role in rebuilding our great cities and towns, and getting our neighbors back on their feet.”In addition to the firm’s donations, employees have demonstrated a tremendous outpouring of support for their colleagues and communities. Through a special Disaster Relief Matching Gift Program, UBS is contributing up to $100,000 to the areas in greatest need. The firm has also coordinated a number of volunteer opportunities for employees to assist with long-term recovery efforts. “While we’re incredibly proud of the way our UBS colleagues have stepped up to help those impacted, we’re not surprised,” said Lori B. Feinsilver, Head of Community Affairs, UBS Americas. “We will continue to support our employees' efforts during this difficult time and work with our partners to help our communities move forward."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV