KBR (NYSE: KBR) announced today that it was selected as BP’s preferred Engineering and Project Management Services (EPMS) provider for the Select Stage activities of their Project 20K TM program.
KBR will provide technical design studies and management plans for new technologies, develop program execution plans, conduct risk assessments, determine capital cost estimates and schedule estimates across four main 20K TM systems: drilling, well design and completions, subsea production systems and well interventions and containment.
KBR will act as the central point for ensuring the 20K TM program is administered using standard processes and global quality assurance guidelines that incorporate BP requirements. KBR will also serve as the repository for program documentation and as the clearinghouse for supply chain management and procurement services. The project will be managed from KBR’s Houston Operating Center, utilizing the company’s growing high pressure, high temperature engineering and management capability spread between KBR’s subsidiary, Granherne and KBR resources in its Houston and London offices.
"We are excited about being selected to provide the EPMS resources to help BP deliver this critical program,” said Roy Oelking, KBR Group President, Hydrocarbons. “KBR will leverage its extensive experience in managing the various interfaces among BP, industry suppliers, OEMs, engineering contractors, and design houses to successfully complete the project.”KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV