Capital One purchased HSBC's (HBC) U.S credit card portfolio in October, and Orenbuch said that Capital One's "domestic credit card losses increased further, likely as a result of the seasoning" of the acquired loans.
The analyst noted that "COF had indicated in its 3Q call that the credit mark would have minimal (single basis point) impact on loss rates in the coming months. Nonetheless, this will reduce near term earnings expectations, and likely concern investors about intermediate term expectations."
Interested in more on Capital One? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Email. Follow @PhilipvanDoorn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV