Aruba Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARUN) today released financial results for its first quarter of fiscal year 2013 ended October 31, 2012.
Revenue for Q1’13 of $144.5 million grew 21 percent from the $119.4 million reported in Q1’12. GAAP net loss for Q1’13 was $0.8 million, or a loss of $0.01 per share, compared with GAAP net loss of $0.5 million, or $0.00 per share, in Q1’12.
Non-GAAP net income for Q1’13 was $22.1 million, or $0.18 per share, compared with non-GAAP net income of $16.7 million, or $0.14 per share, in Q1’12. A reconciliation between GAAP and non-GAAP information is contained in the tables below.
“We delivered a strong first quarter with 21 percent revenue growth year-over-year and our fourteenth consecutive quarter of record revenue,” said Dominic Orr, Aruba’s president and chief executive officer. “During the quarter, we saw healthy growth across our major products and core verticals.”“The proliferation of mobile devices, BYOD and new applications such as Unified Communications continue to drive demand for our solutions and make mobility a clear priority for CIOs around the world. We believe that with our industry leading technology and strong momentum in the marketplace, we are well positioned to capitalize on these trends and expand our market share.” Commenting on the company’s financial results, Michael Galvin, Aruba’s chief financial officer, added, “In addition to achieving record revenue, we delivered strong gross margin and operating margin results. Due to solid working capital management, we generated $36.9 million in cash flow from operations and ended the quarter with $377.5 million in cash, cash equivalents and short-term investments.” Recent Highlights
- Introduced Controller-Less WLAN Solutions with Leading Enterprise Grade Performance. Aruba Instant Enterprise is a major new software release that delivers the first controller-less Wi-Fi solution for best-in-class security, resiliency and scale for distributed enterprises. Also as part of Aruba Instant Enterprise, Aruba unveiled Aruba Activate, a cloud-based, zero-touch provisioning service that enables enterprise IT, managed service providers and resellers to dramatically reduce the operational expenses associated with large scale, distributed Wi-Fi deployments.
- Introduced a New Software Release to Deliver New Levels of High Availability, Resilient Connectivity, for Mobile Devices and Applications. The new Aruba OS software release for its mobility controllers will help enterprises ensure consistent, predictable performance and fast recovery for today’s challenging mobile environments.
- Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED) Selected Aruba to Replace its Cisco Wireless Network with an Aruba WLAN. The existing Cisco 802.11/b/g wireless network will be replaced with an Aruba 802.11n wireless network and will expand coverage across its main hospital and four clinics. The MED also will deploy the AirWave network management system, Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager and ClearPass Guest.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts