“We’re off to a strong start in fiscal year 2013. We grew first-quarter revenue 12 percent, and we’re reiterating our guidance of double-digit top-line and bottom-line growth for the full fiscal year,” said Brad Smith, Intuit’s president and chief executive officer. “While we’re not completely insulated from the challenges of the macro-environment, we have proven to be resilient, and we continue to execute against principles that guide us through tough times.”
“We also refreshed our connected services strategy to capitalize on structural shifts occurring in the market that will serve as growth catalysts. Our mobile products are contributing meaningful growth, with around half of our mobile customers new to the franchise, which is expanding our market reach and our category growth.
“Looking ahead, we’re building on a strong foundation while reimagining our products to capitalize on a rapidly changing environment. With big market opportunities in front of us, and the tailwind of technology adoption at our backs, we expect to deliver strong results for quarters and years to come,” Smith said.Business Segment Results and Highlights Total Small Business Group revenue grew 18 percent for the quarter, led by strength in Financial Management Solutions and Payment Solutions.
- Financial Management Solutions revenue increased 20 percent for the quarter. Customer growth in Demandforce and QuickBooks Online continued to drive revenue growth.
- Demandforce, acquired in May 2012, recorded over 60 percent growth in subscriptions, and QuickBooks Online subscribers grew 29 percent.
- Employee Management Solutions revenue grew 12 percent, driven by 20 percent growth in online payroll subscribers.
- Payment Solutions revenue grew 21 percent for the quarter. Card transaction volume grew 11 percent, driven by customer acquisition in Intuit’s GoPayment mobile payment solution.
- Consumer Tax revenue declined to $36 million in a seasonally light quarter as customers filed fewer extended returns for the 2011 tax year compared with the year-ago quarter.
- TurboTax desktop products for 2012 will go on sale in retail stores and be available for download on Nov. 23. TurboTax Online will be available Dec. 3.
- Accounting Professionals revenue grew 19 percent, to $32 million, in a seasonally light quarter. Recently enhanced QuickBooks Accountant offerings contributed to growth.
- Financial Services revenue increased 4 percent for the quarter, led by higher revenue in online and mobile banking. Revenue increased 11 percent when adjusted for the March 2012 sale of the corporate banking business and the addition of Mint revenue.
- Other Businesses revenue was up 5 percent for the quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV