Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) today announced financial results for its first fiscal quarter, which ended Oct. 31, and reiterated guidance for the full fiscal year 2013.
Unless otherwise noted, all growth rates refer to the first fiscal quarter versus the comparable prior-year quarter. Where applicable, business metrics and associated growth rates refer to worldwide business metrics.
First-quarter 2013 Highlights
- Increased total revenue 12 percent, to $647 million.
- Attracted online customers; Demandforce subscribers grew by more than 60 percent, while QuickBooks Online subscribers grew 29 percent.
- Increased Small Business Group revenue 18 percent overall, including Payment Solutions revenue growth of 21 percent.
- Grew QuickBooks Online to more than 20,000 paying customers outside the U.S., with free trials in over 150 countries.
- Reiterated guidance for full fiscal year 2013, including revenue growth of 10 to 12 percent.
|Snapshot of First-quarter Results|
|Q1 FY13||Q1 FY12||Change||Q1 FY13||Q1 FY12||Change|
Dollars are in millions, except earnings per share (EPS). See “About Non-GAAP Financial Measures” below for more information regarding financial measures not prepared in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). All figures in the table above have been reclassified to reflect Intuit Websites as discontinued operations and to exclude its results from non-GAAP EPS. GAAP EPS for the first quarter of fiscal 2013 includes a gain of $0.11 on the sale of Intuit Websites.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV