News Summary: Eurozone Slides Back Into Recession
The Associated Press
FAMILIAR TERRITORY: The 17-country eurozone, dogged by high unemployment and debt and pressure to cut government spending, has fallen into another recession.
THE DETAILS: Official figures Thursday showed that the eurozone contracted by 0.1 percent in the July-September period after a 0.2 percent decline in the previous three months. Two consecutive declines in output generally define a recession.
THE OUTLOOK: Surveys pointing to increasingly depressed conditions suggest the recession could deepen. The stakes are high for American business as the region that shares the euro currency is the U.S.'s largest export customer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV