LAS VEGAS, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Positive momentum in U.S. household net worth and improved pricing power with convention business will boost the Las Vegas Strip's outlook, according to the 2013 Las Vegas Strip Forecast & Investment Guide produced by Newmark Grubb Knight Frank's Global Gaming Group. This fourth annual report, which explores current and long-term trends on the Strip and what the competitive landscape is expected to look like in 2013, was released today during a luncheon for casino and resort executives and members of the local business community.
The forecast projects total revenue on the Las Vegas Strip to increase between 1.5% and 5.3% in 2013, taking into account various economic and operational factors.
"Improvements in U.S household net worth, an important leading indicator for Strip revenue performance, should provide baseline support for 2013," said Brent Pirosch, director of Gaming Consulting for NGKF's Global Gaming Group and co-author of the report. Mr. Pirosch noted, however, that "softness in the U.S. housing market, a fragile recovery and ongoing economic uncertainty in the U.S. and abroad will keep 2013 revenue growth on the Las Vegas Strip at modest levels."Key highlights of the report include:
- Gaming revenue excluding Baccarat is expected to increase 1.9% to 4.9% in 2013 for properties on the Las Vegas Strip.
- As a result of stronger pricing dynamics, hotel rates and non-gaming revenue are expected to grow at a faster rate than gaming at between 2.3% and 5.5%.
- Primarily due to slowing wealth metrics in China, the Baccarat market is projected to experience between a 5% decline and 5% growth in 2013.
- Changing demographic and competitive dynamics has put gaming volume per available room at historic lows.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV