Tesla's Elon Musk Relishes Being the Winner, Not Loser
By Phil LeBeau, CNBC Correspondent
During the final weeks of the presidential campaign, Republican nominee Mitt Romney called Tesla a "loser." Romney was lumping Tesla in with Solyndra, Fisker, A123 and lithium-ion cell maker Ener1.
All five received Department of Energy loans. Given the way Solyndra collapsed and Ener1 and A123 filed for bankruptcy, Romney was hammering President Obama on DOE loans and government getting involved with private companies.
More from CNBC
'Star Wars' Figures, Dominoes Enter Toy Hall of Fame
Lose My Benefits? I'd Rather Go to Jail!
How 'Fiscal Cliff' Could Affect Mortgage Interest Deduction
--Written by Phil LeBeau at CBNC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV