Healthways (NASDAQ: HWAY) and Mercy today announced an exclusive agreement to identify potential market opportunities and assess complimentary capabilities in which Mercy and Healthways may develop and deploy strategies to manage the health of populations. The opportunity to bring these combined capabilities to regional employers and insurance companies that serve them is significant. Mercy was recently named one of St. Louis’ Healthiest Employers by the St. Louis Business Journal. The ultimate objective of the assessment is to determine how Mercy and Healthways might deliver more efficient and effective solutions for total population health management. The aim is to keep healthy people healthy, empower people to reduce modifiable lifestyle risks and address acute and chronic disease which afflict the populations served.
Mercy and Healthways have agreed on eight “Imperatives for Success” that form the foundation for the assessment and ultimate actions for a quickly evolving healthcare marketplace:
1. Enhance physician alignment with integrated and independent physicians
2. Develop innovative and market-unique product offerings for consumers, employers, payers and governments3. Manage the well-being of populations across the healthcare continuum 4. Grow and strengthen market share 5. Manage care transitions and form high-performing disease management networks 6. Manage financial risks associated with caring for populations 7. Drive excellence in clinical performance 8. Leverage a strong brand Mercy, one of the largest Catholic healthcare systems in the nation, has gained a reputation for leading change in the communities that it serves with a particular focus on delivering a transformative health experience. That focus is driven by the recognition of the need to manage health instead of just treating periodic illness. “In recent years, Mercy has been particularly focused on being absolutely community-based in our care and building a technology infrastructure that will support our patients and caregivers,” said Lynn Britton, president and CEO of Mercy. “When it comes to managing the health of populations, we believe that working from the heart of the community through a fully optimized electronic health record gives us the best opportunity to bring about change. We look forward to working with Healthways and assessing the opportunities before us.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts