RI Unemployment Rate Ticks Down To 10.4 Percent
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) â¿¿ The unemployment rate in Rhode Island is continuing to inch downward, with a slight decline posted for the sixth straight month.
The state Department of Labor and Training said Thursday that the jobless rate was 10.4 percent in October, down from 10.5 percent the month before.
Still, the number of Rhode Island jobs was down 2,500, to 457,000, from the revised September estimate.
The number of employed Rhode Island residents was up 5,200 from September, to 504,700. The state says that's the largest monthly increase ever recorded. The size of the labor force was also up 5,300, to 563,400.The U.S. unemployment rate in October was 7.9 percent. The jobless rate in Rhode Island a year ago was 11.2 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV